How To Get Rid of Smelly Feet With Natural Crystal Deodorant
If you’re one of those people who feel embarrassed about taking their shoes off in public spaces and would rather buy new socks than touch the ones that you wore for 12 hours straight, it’s time to get your foot odour under control!
We already know that it is completely normal for humans to sweat. It’s our body’s natural way of getting rid of toxins and nasties lingering in our body. But did you know that you have more sweat glands on the soles of your feet than you do on your armpits -- 250,000 per foot, according to Dr. Hillary Brenner, a podiatrist in New York City. She says that we sweat up to 8 fluid ounces per foot each day. Wow.
Many people think that smelly feet or foot odour is a result of poor hygiene. This isn’t necessarily true. It’s an actual medically known issue, more formally known as bromodosis. It can be a frustrating problem but one that can be easily solved with a few simple steps.
SIMPLE WAYS OF GETTING RID OF SWEATY FEET
- Wash your feet - This sounds so obvious but it’s probably the most important step. Feet sometimes get overlooked in the shower so pay special attention to those babies with an antibacterial soap. Don’t forget to wash in between the toes - this is bacteria’s favorite hideout.
- Dry them and use talc - Make sure you dry them thoroughly and use an absorbent, like talcum powder or baking soda to absorb the moisture on your feet.
- Trim your nails - Bacteria loves to hide underneath those nail beds so make sure you treat yourself to a weekly pedi either at home or at your favourite salon.
- Use nakd. Deodorant - Once clean, rub the natural crystal deodorant once on the top of each foot, over the arch and below the ball of your foot to the heel. Just make sure you get a separate stick for your feet. You don’t want to be sharing any possible foot fungus or athlete’s foot with your precious underarms though. nakd. Deodorant comes with a handy travel size stick that is perfect for your tootsies.
WHAT ABOUT FOOT SWEAT?
Some people use traditional antiperspirants to keep their feet dry and odour free. While this can work, it’s important to remember that sweating is a natural process for your body to release toxins. Antiperspirants suppress this natural process.
Did you know that sweat itself is actually odourless? It’s when it comes into contact with bacteria, which is naturally present on our skin, it can start to smell bad. Reducing moisture in socks and shoes is the best way forward for stopping bacteria growing.
Follow these simple strategies for dry, sweat-free feet:
- Allow your feet to breathe by wearing sandals or open-toe shoes
- Invest in socks made of natural fibers
- Change your socks at least once a day
- Change up your shoes and allow them to air out in a ventilated place
- Embrace your inner hippie and go barefoot when at home
- Use natural anti-bacterial products like lavender oil on your feet
- Soak your feet in Epsom Salts for 15 minutes twice a week
USING NAKD. NATURAL CRYSTAL DEODORANT ON FEET
Using nakd. Thai Crystal Deodorant on your feet will reduce foot-odour. If you follow the simple instructions below correctly, you will significantly reduce the growth of bacteria on your feet, therefore reducing foot odor altogether.
Using a natural crystal deodorant is a lifestyle choice. Becoming a natural crystal deodorant user means becoming a part of a bigger movement on making a more positive impact on your health, lifestyle choices and the environment as a whole. nakd. Thai Crystal Deodorant is also vegan-friendly, cruelty-free and doesn’t harm the environment. Bonus!